Written by MewDragon
Wednesday, 18 March 2009 17:46
Welcome to the Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green Overview article. Basically the Overview article is a changelog of all the major new features and changes which were brought to the pokemon games through the fire red and leaf green games. Other useful information which is included in the Overview is differences between the two versions and some general trivia information. The Overview article is written in a changelog fashion.
New features & Gameplay Issues:
- remakes/upgraded versions of the original Red and Blue pokemon games.
- Sevii Islands have been introduced (Islands above 7 require event tickets or similar items to acces).
- The old RB glitches have of course been removed/fixed.
- no contests
- no spots to use the Dive HM
- no secret bases
- no trading information
- "stricken with hail" has been changed to "pelted with hail."
- many gsc pokemon have been reintroduced, through the sevii islands and post elite four game changes.
- can view what happened last time you played, when you press continue.
- animation when giving pokemon an item or tm/hm outside of battle.
- introduction of the national pokedex
- option to list pokemon in the pokedex by different options
- standard/national mode
- type, alphabetical, size, weight, 'category' (forest, field, cave, etc.)
- introduction of move tutors
After defeating the Elite Four:
- Can find one of the legendary dogs running around Kanto.
- Entei if you picked Bulbasaur
- Suicune if you picked Charmander
- Raikou if you picked Squirtle
- Elite Four gets upgraded with much stronger pokemon teams.
- introduction of elemental 'hyper beams'
- blast burn, frenzy plant, and hydro cannon
- use of wireless adaptor to connect and trade/battle wirelessly
- play mini-games
- Dodrio and Pokemon Jumping games.
Version Exclusive Pokemon:
- Japan Release Date: January 29, 2004
- United States Release Date: September 9th, 2004
- Estimated Total Sales: 10.49 million