Written by MewDragon
Wednesday, 18 March 2009 20:40
Welcome to the Pokemon Emerald Overview article. Basically the overview article is a change log of all the major new features and changes which were brought to the pokemon games through emerald. Other useful information which is included in the overview is some general trivia information. The overview article is written in a changelog fashion.
New features & Gameplay Issues:
- Both Team Aqua and Team Magma oppose the player.
- Have access to both Team Aqua and Team Magma hideouts.
- All contests have been moved to Lilycove and "Battle Tents" have replaced the individual contest locations in cities such as SlatePort.
- Battle Tents host the new "Battle Swap" event.
- Enter the event and you'll be loaned three pokemon for a single battle.
- Precursor to the Battle Factory play style.
- Move tutors make their return from FRLG.
- Trainer Hill has appeared on Route 111.
- Hosts an event called Time Attack.
- Juan has replaced Wallace as Gym Leader of Sootopolis
- Wallace is now Champion of the Elite Four.
After defeating the Elite Four:
- Upon registering all 200 Pokemon in your Pokedex you can obtain Chikorita, Totodile, or Cyndaquil from Prof. Birch.
- Steven is now located in Meteor Falls with a team of pokemon in the late 70s.
- New areas of the Safari Zone are open with Pokemon uncatchable anywhere else.
- You can choose, via your mother's question, whether to have Latias or Latios appear running around Hoenn.
- Altering Cave makes its appearance on Route 103.
- Kyogre and Groudon are now in different moving spots around Hoenn which can be found via the Weather Institute's forecasts.
- Terra Cave can appear on either Route 114, 115, 116, or 118.
- Marine Cave can appear on either Route 105, 125, 127, or 129.
- Can defeat all of Hoenn's Gym Leaders again.
- The Battle Frontier makes its appearance in Emerald which is essentially oriented towards 'competitive battling.'
- Emerald combines wireless connectivity of Fire Red and Leaf Green with the secret bases and information swapping of Ruby and Sapphire.
- Union Room has been added from FRLG.
- Record Corner is back from RS.
- Emerald was released in Japan on September 16, 2004.
- Emerald was released in the United States on April 30, 2005.
- Emerald has sold an estimated 6.34 million units.